Spring 2019 Awards Banquet and Poster Presentation
April 30, 2019: This year the annual Linguistics Awards Banquet began with an undergraduate poster session followed by the celebration of our students and faculty, and acknowledging our teaching assistants, mentors and graduating seniors.
w/ Profs. Kim and Tamasi (from left to right):
Namrata Verghese, Excellence in the Study of Psychology and Linguistics
Anna Bintinger, Excellence in the Study of Linguistics
Doris Zhou, Leadership and Service in Linguistics
- Deandra Bacon, "Size Sound Symbolism and its Implications for Meaning in Natural Language."
- Suji Kim, Julian Pradeep, Lindsay Xu, "Correlation Between Self-Assessment of Cultural Identity in Japanese Language Learners and Motivational Orientation to Learn Japanese."
- Sophia Minnillo, "Comparison of Oral Proficiency Testing Methods in Undergraduate French SLA."
- Jaden Bougyon, "An Analysis of Complementizer Enclitics in Egyptian Arabic."
- Laura Flescher, Debbie Lee, Carlos Monteagudo, and Julie Wechsler, "The Effect of Word Frequency on Lexical Retrieval."
- Seaira Lett, Julie Wechsler, and Melanie Fabregas, "Negation Formation in Lulogooi: Four Ways to Say No."
- Anna Bintinger, "Children's Acquisition of Negative Concord and Negative Polarity Items in English."
- Shawna Dempsey and Darrah DeVane, "Case Assignment and Subject-Verb Agreement of Coordinate Phrases in English and Lulogooli."
- Daphne Weiss, Elizabeth Purness, Jennifer McGee PhD, Daniel Walter PhD, Arden Godfrey, "Alcohol's Effect on Second Language Learning."