The Linguistics Circle
The Linguistics Circle is an informal student-run group. In the past, the Linguistics Circle has hosted movie screenings, volunteered at linguistics events, and held weekly meetings to discuss linguistics-related topics such as:
- What is even a syllable?
- The art of Translation
- What the $%^& : Profanity in our lives
- The Linguistics of Texting
- Loanwords and Linguistic Purism
- Dolphin “language”
- Gender Binary in Language
- Can babies learn language in the womb?
If you are interested in becoming involved in the Linguistics Circle, please contact Deandra Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org.