Grade Dispute Policy

In the case of a grade dispute, the following steps must be taken:
  • The student will contact the instructor to discuss the grade and the assignment.
  • If the issue is not resolved, and the student wishes to pursue the dispute further, the student must contact the Program DUS or Director.
  • The DUS or Director will ask for both the student's and the instructor's perspectives on the issue and will recommend further action.
  • In case no satisfactory solution can be found at this level, then a College Dean will be asked to provide further recommendations for resolution of the dispute. Ultimately, it must be remembered that a) students have a right to know the reasons for which their grades are assigned and b) only course instructors can assign and change grades for a particular course.